Good luck to all entrants.
Click here to view full Terms and Conditions.
1. The promoter is Bayer Australia Ltd (ABN 22 000 138 714) of 875 Pacific Highway, Pymble NSW 2073, telephone 02 9391 6000 (Promoter).
Conditions of entry
2. Information on how to enter the ‘Petbarn Win a VW” promotion (“Promotion”) and on the prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions (together the “Terms and Conditions”). Any entry not complying with the Terms and Conditions is invalid.
3. Entry into the Promotion is open to persons who are aged 18 years or over. Employees, business directors and managers of the Promoter and the immediate families of employees, business directors and managers of the Promoter are not eligible to enter. Immediate family members include any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
4. The Promotion commences on 01/12/2017 and closes at 11:59pm AEDST on 31/12/2017 (“Promotional Period”).
How to enter
5. To enter, participants must undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period:
each a “Participating Product”.
6. Multiple entries can be made by individuals provided that for each entry a separate Participating Product is purchased during the Promotion Period and a separate online entry form is completed.
7. Participants must retain their original purchase receipt as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of a participant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt must clearly specify the Participating Retailer from where the Participating Product was purchased and the date of purchase (which must be during the Promotional Period but prior to entry).
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries or receipts that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter for any reason by the closing date of the Promotion.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and the eligibility of the participant (including a participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the participant and disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. Any cost associated with accessing the Promotion website is the participant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
11. Entries will be divided into two groups depending on the Participating Retailer of purchase as indicated at the time of entry (either Petbarn or City Farmers) (“Groups”). There will be one (1) draw for entries received in each Group. Each of the prize draws will be conducted on the Promoters’ behalf by the Promoter’s appointed third party Salmat Digital, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060 on 08/01/2018 at 12:00 AEDST. The Promoter may direct Salmat to draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible participant is drawn. Prize-winners will be notified by the Promoter within two (2) business days of the draw by email using the contact details submitted in their winning entry. The winners’ names will be announced online at http://www.advantagepetcare.com.au from 15/1/2018.
12. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 05/04/2018 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Prize-winners (if any) will be notified by the Promoter within two (2) business days of the draw by email using the contact details submitted in their winning entry. The winners names’ will be announced online at http://www.advantagepetcare.com.au from 16/04/2018.
13. If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to the fullest extent permitted by law to:
a) disqualify any participant; or
b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take or redeem a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
16. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. The first valid entry drawn in each Group will each win a major prize of one 2017 VW Golf TSI with automatic transmission – two in total to be won (each a “Major Prize”). Total prize value for the two Major Prizes is up to AU$48,000 (i.e. AU$24,000 each) including GST, registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State). Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, accommodate the winner’s colour preference (excluding metallic options), subject to availability. The winner must collect their Major Prize from their nearest authorised VW dealership
18. If the winner of a Major Prize is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the Major Prize to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the Major Prize is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the Major Prize that the winner may be required to sign a change of ownership form to be determined by the Promoter or the Major Prize supplier in its discretion.
19. The next five valid entries drawn in each Group (i.e. ten in total) will each win a minor prize of a AUD$100 voucher redeemable at the Participating Retailer of purchase according to their winning entry (i.e. either Petbarn or City Farmers). Each voucher will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
20. The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash
21. Total prize pool value is $49,000.
22. By entering into this Promotion participants agree that the Promoter is required to make a public announcement and may use the prize-winner’s details for promotional and media purposes in relation to the prize draw, including announcing the prize-winners on its website(s), once the prize-winners have been notified.
23. Participants consent to the Promoter using the participant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a prize-winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any animal health products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
Limitation of liability
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any personal injury, any loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of opportunity and loss of profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where such liability may arise out of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a prize-winner or participant; or
(f) use of a prize.
26. NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/17820, ACT Permit No. TP17/01839 SA Permit No. T17/1740
Advantage, Advocate, Advantix and Seresto are all registered trade marks of the Bayer group.